Letter from Hales

For this new issue of Letter from… column, we asked toonpool.com artist and editor Nicoleta Ionescu to do a special edition of a self-interview. Because we already had a Letter from Bucharest, Nicoleta decided to present us a letter from a small Romanian village called Hales. where she spent part of her childhood, at her grandparents. In Hales, where the spider’s web is stronger than the internet signal, one can truly wonder: to be or not to be…a townsman/woman.

01. Which movie/tv character you see yourself as and why?

Kim Possible, she’s the most adorable super-heroine on TV.

02. Who’s Secret Santa would you like to be this year?

I would like to be Santa’s Secret Santa and jam all my small socks and jammies in his boots. If it weren’t for him, who would get the idea to serve you candy in used footwear?

03. What bores you the most?

The waiting rooms. They should have roller coasters, fireworks and cotton candy to make them more bearable.

04. Do you like your place or would you like to live somewhere else?

Yes, almost anywhere else, but with internet facilities.

05. What are you able to do that Superman can’t do?

I can wear high hills and kryptonite earrings to a party.

06. If you were sleep walking one night, where would you probably wake up the next day?

On the milk box.

07. What would you wear to be kicked out from a black tie cocktail party

Two white ties or maybe that toilet paper wedding dress that seems to be awkwardly popular on the internet.

08. Tell me the biggest prank you did on a friend.

Not the biggest prank, but the only one I can tell: once, I called a classmate and put the loudest alarm clock on the phone even before she got to answer.

09. How to ruin your vacation?

By putting it to an end.

10. If I gave you a giraffe, where would you hide it?

I’d hide it in the following Two and a half man episodes.

11. What do you do when you see the glass half empty!

I would freeze it, not to evaporate (also increasing volume).

© toonpool.com

Tags: , , ,

27 Responses to “Letter from Hales”

1. MAV says:

Care Hales,Nicoleta, de Buzau ?

2. junior lopes says:

Lovely place,Nicoleta..

3. Nicoleta says:

Thank you so much! Those places are part of who I am.

4. Nicoleta says:

Da.

Haleş, judetul Buzău.

5. violeta says:

Multumesc pentru fotografii… sunt atat de frumoase si amintesc de momentele de odinioara petrecute la bunici!

6. rafa says:

hermoso lugar Niki saludos!

7. Iralia V. (Kidor) says:

Ma faci sa-mi fie dor…
    Felicitari, Nicoleta, pentru tot ceea ce reprezinti , esti si cladesti!
    Ganduri bune si imbratisari de la Galati! ( bunicii si parintii mei se “trag” tot de pe plaiuri buzoiene )
    Pup!
    K.

8. Saadet Demir Yalçın says:

Dear Nicoleta, I think that a good life for you, successfull and nice… greetings.. :)

9. Menekşe says:

Beautiful photos, congrats Niki!

10. Osvaldo Laino says:

Dear Niki, you are a nice and lucky person, hope you can enjoy for many many years this lifestyle you deserve, does not matter the place. Also you have a beautiful personality. Congratulations. Osvaldo

11. .¤*¨..¨*¤.¸¸¸¸¸.¤.\
    \¸….Nicoleta♥♥♥♥♥..\
    .\¸.¤*¨¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤* \
    ..\
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

12. elle says:

thank you for the little view on your beautiful living place, nikki.
    really enjoyable!*****

13. great photos and very nice woman :)
    Greetings

14. Nicoleta says:

@ Violeta – Multumesc pentru aprecierile constante!

@ Rafa – Gracias! Que bueno saber de ti de nuevo.

@Iralia – Multumesc mult!

@ Saadet – Thanks! I am glad to hear from you!

@Lavinia – Thanks a lot!

@ Menekşe – Thank you, dear friend!

@Osvaldo – Muchisimas gracias por todo!

@Hayaty.¤*¨..¨*¤.¸¸¸¸¸.¤.\
    \¸….Thanks dear friend, Hayaty!!!..\
    .\¸.¤*¨¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤* \
    ..\
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

@ elle – Thank you very much. This is my vacation place more than my living place, but is really nice indeed .

@ Çiğdem Demir – Thank you very much! You are a great girl, also!

15. aldo says:

tutto a gonfie vele

16. Otilia Bors says:

Sunt foarte frumoase locurile copilariei tale. Felicitari pentru autointerviu!

17. Roikan says:

nice blog..originated from the works of great artists who fully consistent

18. Great stuff! Looks lovely and sunny where you are! Enjoyed your interview, thanks! x x

19. Ramsés Morales says:

I love you interview!!! and your place for work. I do my cartoons in in a magic city too, I love Trinidad in Cuba, an small place like yours.
    I like very much the part in wich you said your female heroin is Kim Possible. That’s nice and funny.
    blessings to you and your work

20. Funny interview and great pics. Thanks for sharing some insight into your life and work.

21. Mau says:

Wow. You have a beautiful eyes. You look very good.

22. oana says:

buna nicoleta, oare mai tii minte cand veneai in vacante la verisoara ta cristina la buzau si ne jucam impreuna?

23. Julián Gabriel says:

Bonito sitio Hales. Tiene muchos árboles, mucho color verde y casas antiguas que lo hacen parecer a un pueblo de cuentos de hadas. Todo muy tranquilo, aunque sus vecinos curiosos se ven algo peligrosos.
    ¡¡Buena suerte Nicoleta!!
    ¡Y que sigan las entrevistas!

24. hüseyin says:

Nicole , your village like my country. and so beautiful . what’s a wonderful , eco food has got . and your grandfather house very beautiful architecture .best regards from izmir . hüseyin alparslan

25. Nicoleta says:

@Otilia – Multumesc mult!

@Roikan – Thanks

@Kerina Strevens – Thank you, you are great! I love meeting you trough the interview we did together and really loved your place, also

@ Ramsés Morales – I heard about Trinidad! Thanks so much!

@ Ian David Marsden – Dear Ian, let me tell you first that I am a fan of your works, i even downloaded the pdf portfolio and i love the world your characters live in! Keep up what you are doing and i will be watching from now on what you do.

@Mau – Thank you for your nice words of appreciation

@Oana – Da, Oana! Salutari.

@ Julián Gabriel – Muchisimas gracias! La verdad es que es un lugar muy especial para my. Gracias. Me alegro que te gusten las entrevistas!

@hüseyin – Thank you so much. I am happy you liked the interview and noticed the details of the micro-universe i grew up. Best regards!

26. caminante says:

hi beautiful girl!! greeting

Leave a Reply

More Posts

Book Store Portrait Competition

Portrait Competition

October 29th, 2012
Jakob Hinrichs adaptiert Arthur Schnitzlers Traumnovelle von 1926 erstmals als Graphic Novel und erzählt sie in tiefgreifenden, fantastischen Bildern neu.

“Traumnovelle” – Graphic Novel

October 14th, 2012
Letter from
amman

Letter from Amman (Jordan)

October 4th, 2012
zillion

Letter from California

August 15th, 2012