For this new issue of Letter from… column, we asked toonpool.com artist Liu Huan (known as Queenio on Toonpool) about her life and begged for some photographs of her working place and the city she lives in right now – Auckland, New Zealand. Queenio is a freelance illustrator, designer and photographer originally from China and says she will be traveling more before settling down in one place!
Her beautiful illustrations stand out because of the particularly stylish artistic view, full of mystery and wonderful chromatics! Check them out on Queenio’s Toonpool gallery!
01. Which fictional character are you?
The girl who chased a rabbit in “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”, I even can’t take my eyes off the rabbits and I get lost easily.
02. What’s in your refrigerator right now?
I have Green tea Chocolate, Coconut Chocolate and Black Chocolate. I bought them from Malaysia.
03. What bothers you the most?
In the summer: I hate the mosquitoes. Hummm, and I always lose something when I need it and I waste a lot of time to find it….. and……
04. Do you like your place or would you like to live somewhere else?
I lived in New Zealand for 1.5 years. Now I am on the way to go back China. I like both New Zealand and China, but I will keep moving until I find out where is the best place for me that I would like to settle down in.
05. What are you able to do that Superman can’t do?
Well, all the things only for female I guess.
06. If you were sleep walking one night, where would you probably wake up the next day?
Swimming pool or airport.
07. What would you wear to be kicked out from a black tie cocktail party
08. Tell me the biggest prank you did on a friend.
My cousins and I made some weird dumplings for the Chinese New Year party filled with salt, pepper, strawberry leafs, sugar… … and mixed them with normal dumplings on the plate….
09. How to ruin your vacation?
You can ruin it by closing my bank account.
10. If I gave you a giraffe, where would you hide it?
I would paint it into pure white and leave it in the park as a moving-sculpture.
11. What do you do when you see the glass half empty!
It depends on what is in it.